What do we do?

      We provide Air Conditioning Energy Inspections in line with the methodology set out in CIBSE TM44:2012 direct to businesses, landlords, building owners and tenants. A building requires an air conditioning inspection if it has 12kW or more of cooling installed. So if your property has three split systems of 3.5kW and one of 2.5kW, the total cooling is 13.0kW then this building would require an air condtioning inspection to be conducted every five years. A cooling system only needs to be inspected if it is over five years old.

      Air conditioning

      Where do we do it?

      London, Surrey, Kent, Sussex & Hampshire. We can also call on a network of inspectors around the country and put you in direct contact with them.

      Energy house

      What do we do?

      We provide the latest Energy Performance Certificates for domestic properties to homeowners, landlords, housing associations and agents in Leatherhead, Epsom, Kingston upon Thames, Bookham, Ashtead, Esher, Cobham and Fetcham.

      Energy Factory

      Commercial EPC

      What do we do?

      We provide Commercial Energy Performance Certificates direct to businesses, landlords, solicitors and agents.

      Where do we do it?

      London, Surrey, Kent, Sussex & Hampshire. We can also call on a network of energy assessors around the country and put you in direct contact with them.

      Commercial Energy Assessor

      Surrey Energy Ratings Ltd provide energy assessments resulting in domestic and commercial EPCs as well as comprehensive air conditioning inspections and TM44 reporting. We are a commercial energy assessor. Our teams of accredited surveyors and assessors carry out commercial EPC surveys and air conditioning inspections throughout the South East, delivering fast, efficient and professional results to clients large and small.

      A commercial building requires an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) when it is sold or rented. Once completed, the certificate is valid for ten years no matter if the building is sold or rented to another occupier. The energy assessment consists of examining the method of the building construction, such as cavity wall, solid brick, curtain wall etc. The level of insulation in the building, within the roof space for instance. The type of windows, lighting and, of course, the method of heating / cooling plus their relevant controls and also the method of hot water supply. As part of the method of producing an EPC for a commercial building, the property is divided into 'zones', whereby each zone would have a different activity within the building or it might have different lighting or heating to adjacent areas.

      In order to produce a commercial energy certificate, the floor, ceiling/roof and walls of each zone, called 'envelopes', have to be entered individually into the software. Then each zone is linked to the relevant heating / cooling system and type of lighting. The resultant energy efficiency recommendations for the building are then tailored based on their relevance before finalising the certificate and recommendation report. This in depth data entry requirement is one reason why commercial energy certificates carry a higher price tag than domestic ones.

      Elmhurst Approved Energy Assessor1
      Sterling Accreditation
      Institute of Domestic Energy Assessors
      Chase Inventory Services